Fulfil Your Travel Fantasy
“If you can dream it, you can do it.” - Walt Disney
People are passionate about dreams. Whether it’s running your own business or going to the moon, dreams make you who you are and inspire you to do incredible things, big or small. Now a leading independent travel company has launched an app that enables people to share their travel ‘dreams’ with the chance to win £10,000 towards their ideal holiday.
Research from Travel Counsellors has shown that when it comes to travelling to your dream holiday destination, a whopping 70% of people are yet to venture on their ideal trip. In a recent survey completed by over 1,800 respondents, 68% agreed with the statement that our dreams make us who we are, but just 30% of the people claimed to have actually taken their ‘dream’ trip, with 71% of these saying it met all their expectations.
When naming their ideal getaway, almost half of the responses were from those seeking a relaxing escape, followed by people who fancied a journey of exploration and discovery, with another travel favourite from participants being the idea of taking a luxury cruise holiday.
However, over two thirds of people are still to fulfil their travel dreams, with the most popular reasons being work and family commitments, plus time and budget restraints.
In response to this, Travel Counsellors, which has over 700 agents running their own travel businesses across the UK and a further 400 overseas, has launched its own ‘Dreams’ campaign to enable people to share their travel dreams virally across the web with the chance of actually making their own come true.
“We have launched this campaign because we feel that people often lose sight of their dreams in their busy day-to-day lives, and as a company that focuses on personal service and making people’s dreams come true we have the ability to make a difference,” says Travel Counsellors Managing Director Steve Byrne.
“So we have launched our special Dream-maker App, hosted on Facebook and allowing people to submit their dream holiday with the chance to win £10,000 towards their dream break. It really can be anything, from a round-the-world adventure to your own desert island getaway – we don’t limit people to what they can submit and we have already had some great entries. We encourage people to get involved, engage with others and be in with a chance of making their dream trip a reality.”
Dreamers can search for the Dream-maker App on Facebook and submit their own dream along with pictures. Visitors can also gain inspiration from a dedicated area within the site, with details on once-in-a-lifetime experiences such as becoming a real cowboy in the Montana desert or being looked after by your own private butler in an exclusive Caribbean hideaway.
The company envisages that the campaign will spread virally as people share and vote for each other’s ‘dreams’ via the Facebook app, and will be announcing the winning entry in September this year.
Best Rates Guaranteed!
Travel News & Gossip
- Hampton by Hilton Hotel in Birmingham is now open!
- Earth Day Friendly Hotels
- Internet Offers Endless Possibilities
- Claim 4,000 Free Airmiles
- BA Red Carpet Route Announced
- Expansion ahead for Travelodge
- Get into bed with Virgin
- Best Service in the World Accolade for Llandudno Hotel
- What’s Hot For 2013
- Where in the world?
Top Secret Hotels Added
- Great hotel on Liverpool’s waterfront – 4* – Liverpool
- Great hotel and rates in the heart of Kensington – 4* – London
- Amazing City Hotel With Luxury Spa And Pool – 5* – London
- Superb Late Deals near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Moments from Chelsea in a funky hotel with fab Spa – 4* – London
- Smart Deal Deira – Dubai Apt & Metro Proximity – 4* – Deira and downtown
- 4 Star Deluxe Luxury and comfort in Central London – 4* – London
- Superb Late Deals Near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Fabulous Spa Hotel near Covent Garden and WestEnd – 5* – London
- Design hotel near ExCeL and London City Airport – 4* – London