Olympics boosted the hotel industry in Wales
In positive news for the hotel industry, especially in Wales recently released statistics from Deloitte in Wales have shown that the Olympics helped to boost the hotel industry in Cardiff during August 2012.
Cardiff was host to some of the Olympics and Paralympics events of 2012 and as a result there was a 5% increase in the year on year occupancy figures for hotels in Cardiff. The average daily rate for hotel rooms in Cardiff increased by £9 compared to the average figures from 2011 and as a result this combined with the higher occupancy levels boosted the revenue per available room figures to their highest point for an August since records began 6 years ago.
Cardiff in particular is becoming an appealing city for tourists with lots of events to experience and points of interest for visitors to the city and now is the time for the hotel industry to capitalise on this.
Towns and cities elsewhere in Wales also seen a boost to the occupancy levels throughout August 2012. For example, Swansea saw a 3% increase in the occupancy rate compared to August 2011 with 85% of rooms occupied. These figures make August 2012 the best August in Swansea since 2006 and has provided a must needed injection into the hotel industry in Swansea.
Newport in Wales also seen some interesting figures such as a 1.6% drop in the occupancy levels recorded during August. However, despite this there was an increase in the cost of the daily rate of the hotel rooms in Newport which results in a 5% increase in the revenue per available room figures compared to August 2011.
Best Rates Guaranteed!
Travel News & Gossip
Top Secret Hotels Added
- Great hotel on Liverpool’s waterfront – 4* – Liverpool
- Great hotel and rates in the heart of Kensington – 4* – London
- Amazing City Hotel With Luxury Spa And Pool – 5* – London
- Superb Late Deals near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Moments from Chelsea in a funky hotel with fab Spa – 4* – London
- Smart Deal Deira – Dubai Apt & Metro Proximity – 4* – Deira and downtown
- 4 Star Deluxe Luxury and comfort in Central London – 4* – London
- Superb Late Deals Near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Fabulous Spa Hotel near Covent Garden and WestEnd – 5* – London
- Design hotel near ExCeL and London City Airport – 4* – London