Reasons to go to Florida in 2013
The state of Florida is known for being doused in enviable sunshine for much of the year, but it offers a whole lot more than simply a desirable climate catering for every interest and every age group.
Whether you’re an enthusiastic painter, a devoted fan of extreme sports, an archaeologist at heart, ardent shopper or eager to sit on white-knuckle rollercoasters, holidays to Florida can tickle the most diverse and bizarre of fancies for people on all budgets.
Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Studios
A huge attraction for tourists, the kids-paradise of Walt Disney World Resort has been around since the 1960s and offers theme-park rides, entertainment and magical hotels as the characters from the legendary films and cartoons come to life.
Becoming an internationally renowned experience in its own right, Universal Studios is another must-see location for families and film-buffs alike. Featuring rides based on classic Universal films such as Jurassic Park and Jaws, the theme park provides year-round entertainment for all ages.
Ranger Guided Walk on Bolen Bluff Trail
For USA holidays 2013, Florida should certainly be a contender, particularly if you want to witness the many great events that are lined up for the forthcoming year; such as the Ranger Guided Walk on Bolen Bluff Trail.
Held on 30 March 2013, participating in this guided walk will enable you and your family to witness Florida scenery at its most stunning and learn all about the Prairie’s incredible history and wildlife.
In fact, it’s here at the Bolen Bluff Trail where Paynes Prairie wild bison are most commonly seen.
Wild Azalea Festival
On 16 March 2013, the 13th annual Wild Azalea Festival will be hosted by the Nature and Heritage Tourism Center, the Stephen Foster Folk Center State Park and the Special Events Committee for the Town of White Springs.
If you’re looking for a memorable Florida event with a difference then helping the town of White Springs celebrate the spring bloom of wild azaleas certainly promises to fulfil aspirations for an authentic holiday in Florida. The festival’s highlights include dessert tasting, musical performances galore and the Suwannee River Duck Race.
Florida Everglades National Park
Known for being the largest subtropical wilderness in the United States ths enormous 1.5 million acre Florida Everglades National Park features stunning wildlife and rare plant species. The kids will find plenty to occupy them with hiking, camping and canoe trails on offer as well as incredible opportunities for relaxing and enjoying the great outdoors.
Thomas Cook and Virgin Holidays both offer cheap holidays across numerous destinations to ensure you can visit holiday hotspots such as Florida at a time that suits you. With a great year-round calendar of events for all the family, sun holidays don’t get much more exciting than those in the archetypal home of sunshine, Florida.
Best Rates Guaranteed!
Travel News & Gossip
- Hampton by Hilton Hotel in Birmingham is now open!
- Earth Day Friendly Hotels
- Internet Offers Endless Possibilities
- Claim 4,000 Free Airmiles
- BA Red Carpet Route Announced
- Expansion ahead for Travelodge
- Get into bed with Virgin
- Best Service in the World Accolade for Llandudno Hotel
- What’s Hot For 2013
- Where in the world?
Top Secret Hotels Added
- Great hotel on Liverpool’s waterfront – 4* – Liverpool
- Great hotel and rates in the heart of Kensington – 4* – London
- Amazing City Hotel With Luxury Spa And Pool – 5* – London
- Superb Late Deals near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Moments from Chelsea in a funky hotel with fab Spa – 4* – London
- Smart Deal Deira – Dubai Apt & Metro Proximity – 4* – Deira and downtown
- 4 Star Deluxe Luxury and comfort in Central London – 4* – London
- Superb Late Deals Near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Fabulous Spa Hotel near Covent Garden and WestEnd – 5* – London
- Design hotel near ExCeL and London City Airport – 4* – London