Stuck In A Holiday Rut?
With Christmas a distant memory, the weather taking a turn for the worse and half term and Easter breaks fast approaching, many families are planning on getting some quality time and much needed ‘sun therapy’ in the diary. Research released from TravelSupermarket shows that families may already be feeling the pressure when it comes to planning this year’s holiday as one in every five family holidaymakers bicker about where to go and how much to spend.
Findings from the TravelSupermarket survey show that while it is women who make most of the final holiday decisions, 40 per cent of men often feel a little hard done by, claiming they sacrifice their preferences in order to keep the peace when booking a family break.
The research also reveals that almost half (47%) of holidaymakers disagree about things such as which activities to do during the day (21%), what they should eat (19%) and where to go in the evening (17%), but it’s normally the women who have the final say in these decisions (58%).
This isn’t surprising as when it comes to choosing the destination and deciding the daily activity on a family holiday, it’s normally down to mum to lead the way and keep everyone happy. And with many opinions and preferences to take into account on holiday, it can be a juggling act to balance everyone’s expectations.
When it comes to holiday budgets, men are more likely than women to start an argument about the expense of the holiday with 16% citing this as one of the causes of bickering compared with only 10% of women. Despite this, when it comes to holiday finances, it appears women control the purse strings, with 55% of those who argue about holiday spending believing women win the argument over men.
Supporting the conclusion that men feel like they compromise more on their holiday ideal, the study also illustrates that almost a quarter (24%) of family holidaymakers feel like they are stuck in a holiday ‘rut’, because they choose the same types of trip each year, with men (28%) feeling more frustrated than women (20%).
Best Rates Guaranteed!
Travel News & Gossip
Top Secret Hotels Added
- Great hotel on Liverpool’s waterfront – 4* – Liverpool
- Great hotel and rates in the heart of Kensington – 4* – London
- Amazing City Hotel With Luxury Spa And Pool – 5* – London
- Superb Late Deals near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Moments from Chelsea in a funky hotel with fab Spa – 4* – London
- Smart Deal Deira – Dubai Apt & Metro Proximity – 4* – Deira and downtown
- 4 Star Deluxe Luxury and comfort in Central London – 4* – London
- Superb Late Deals Near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Fabulous Spa Hotel near Covent Garden and WestEnd – 5* – London
- Design hotel near ExCeL and London City Airport – 4* – London