Thomas Cook Goes Digital
Thomas Cook marketing director Michael Johnson has vowed to focus the tour operator’s marketing activity on “getting back to basics”.
Thomas Cook is overhauling its marketing strategy for the summer 2013 period to make its booking process simpler, through a series of digital and direct initiatives.
As part of the overhaul, Thomas Cook is revamping its 2013 brochures, which will now include half a million DVDs within their packaging.
The 20-minute video aims to inform consumers about the operator’s range of holiday products and help consumers with their individual research.
Johnson said: “We are focusing on getting back to basics with customers by trying to make it easier for them to find holidays for themselves. Customers don’t find researching holidays straightforward – they get weighed down by the different brochures and reviews on sites like TripAdvisor.
“Putting a 20-minute informative DVD on the front of the brochure means that consumers can watch an in-depth film about the different options available to them, instead of having to check individual hotel sites. It is simpler for families and they won’t have to leave the brochure.”
The new brochures will also use QR codes for the first time. The codes will be placed next to each of Thomas Cook’s ‘Top 100 Hotels’, and will allow smart-device users to take virtual tours of the individual hotels and offer access to bespoke footage.
Best Rates Guaranteed!
Travel News & Gossip
- Hampton by Hilton Hotel in Birmingham is now open!
- Earth Day Friendly Hotels
- Internet Offers Endless Possibilities
- Claim 4,000 Free Airmiles
- BA Red Carpet Route Announced
- Expansion ahead for Travelodge
- Get into bed with Virgin
- Best Service in the World Accolade for Llandudno Hotel
- What’s Hot For 2013
- Where in the world?
Top Secret Hotels Added
- Great hotel on Liverpool’s waterfront – 4* – Liverpool
- Great hotel and rates in the heart of Kensington – 4* – London
- Amazing City Hotel With Luxury Spa And Pool – 5* – London
- Superb Late Deals near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Moments from Chelsea in a funky hotel with fab Spa – 4* – London
- Smart Deal Deira – Dubai Apt & Metro Proximity – 4* – Deira and downtown
- 4 Star Deluxe Luxury and comfort in Central London – 4* – London
- Superb Late Deals Near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Fabulous Spa Hotel near Covent Garden and WestEnd – 5* – London
- Design hotel near ExCeL and London City Airport – 4* – London