Time For A Holiday?
While it didn’t take a genius to work out that the period from April to June has been the wettest ever, the meteorologists confirmed it last weekend, and hits on the Thomson website surged. With the long term forecast still looking bleak, it looks as if sun lovers will need to go abroad if they want to soak up any rays.
Thomson Holidays saw another very strong weekend, in terms of bookings, to top off a month of high demand. Holiday searches for the month of June were up nearly 20% on the same period last year, showing that people are desperate to leave the rain in the UK behind and head off to warmer climates.
“The constant rain is driving all of us around the bend, so it’s no wonder that so many people are looking to head off to get some sunshine”, says Nathan Timmins Head of Online Marketing, Thomson Holidays.
“As the Mediterranean enjoys temperatures in the late 20s and early 30s we’ve barely seen any sunshine this summer. Over the last month the Balearics, Spain, Greece, Tunisia and Morocco have proved popular as Brits look to escape to sandy beaches, beautiful weather and resorts that they know and love. With rain forecast for the rest of the week we imagine that the website will keep attracting more users, as people look to research and book their holidays or just get some inspiration and take their mind off the rain!”
Customers looking for holidays in destinations where rain is practically unheard of should head to Cyprus, Tunisia, the Costa del Sol or Egypt, all of which have less than 3mm average rainfall for July.
Victoria Bacon, ABTA Head of Communication, said: “The UK is a beautiful country with exceptional holiday appeal but the weather this year has been setting records for all the wrong reasons; it is no surprise that millions of us are looking to head off overseas for more reliable weather and high temperatures. British holidaymakers will also get a pleasant surprise in their favourite Eurozone destinations with the pound 10% stronger than last year. It’s important that people book sooner rather than later as late offers are proving popular.”
Best Rates Guaranteed!
Travel News & Gossip
- Hampton by Hilton Hotel in Birmingham is now open!
- Earth Day Friendly Hotels
- Internet Offers Endless Possibilities
- Claim 4,000 Free Airmiles
- BA Red Carpet Route Announced
- Expansion ahead for Travelodge
- Get into bed with Virgin
- Best Service in the World Accolade for Llandudno Hotel
- What’s Hot For 2013
- Where in the world?
Top Secret Hotels Added
- Great hotel on Liverpool’s waterfront – 4* – Liverpool
- Great hotel and rates in the heart of Kensington – 4* – London
- Amazing City Hotel With Luxury Spa And Pool – 5* – London
- Superb Late Deals near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Moments from Chelsea in a funky hotel with fab Spa – 4* – London
- Smart Deal Deira – Dubai Apt & Metro Proximity – 4* – Deira and downtown
- 4 Star Deluxe Luxury and comfort in Central London – 4* – London
- Superb Late Deals Near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Fabulous Spa Hotel near Covent Garden and WestEnd – 5* – London
- Design hotel near ExCeL and London City Airport – 4* – London