What’s Hot For 2013
Jet2holidays and Jet2.com have released their latest travel trend report, revealing their findings from over 1000 holidaymakers. It gives an insight on where the hot destinations will be, how people are booking their holidays and also exposes how the UK is planning to use up precious annual leave this year.
Discovering somewhere new
Last year tried and trusted Spain was the obvious choice for a stress-free holiday destination, but Brits are ready to broaden their travel horizons in 2013, with a staggering 87 per cent opting to discover somewhere new.
Croatia tops the must-see list with bookings to the famed eastern Mediterranean gem already soaring above 2012 figures. Greece remains a favoured location with more than a third (36 per cent) choosing the land of the Gods, a 16 per cent increase on last year.
Glamour getaways prove popular with new additions Montenegro and Marrakech already making their mark – a fifth (20 per cent) are selecting the celebrity haunts for their holiday.
Squeezing every last drop
Life’s admin is to blame for more than a third (35 per cent) missing out on a week’s relaxing beach holiday or an action-packed city jaunt. Job interviews and beauty treatments together with childcare and healthcare appointments are eating into vital holiday reserves and many are prepared to sacrifice a day’s leave just to ‘reacclimatise’ after a holiday. One in ten are even saving a day off just to do the washing!
Getting more for our money is paramount as all-inclusive trips increase by 10 per cent on last year.
Get in quick to bag a free child place bargain, as one in three parents will only select their holiday based on available free places.
Click and go?
A spontaneous 5 per cent confess to taking just an hour to research and book their break, whilst a more cautious 46 per cent prefer to deliberate for a quarter of the year before finally committing and booking their much anticipated holiday.
Nearly a fifth (16 per cent) are happy to book on the go using their only their mobile, though the preferred place to book is from the comfort of home for 93 per cent. Travel agents and brochures remain the ‘go-to’ resource for many when it comes to researching their break.
One in five are planning to take extended family away with them – a 6 per cent increase on last year.
Mum knows best as nearly half (43 per cent) will only take mum’s advice when it comes to destination recommendations, though our little ones have some sway, as 15 per cent say they allow their children to choose where they will holiday.
Book now to receive £100 off your Jet2holidays package holiday – enter SAVE100 at the checkout during booking. With just £60 deposit it won’t break the bank to book your summer break and give yourself something to look forward to.
Jet2.com is offering 10% off all return flights when the promotional code SALE10 is inserted at the checkout during booking. The offer is valid on return flight bookings booked before 23:59 on 4th February 2013. Jet2.com offers friendly low fares flights to over 50 exciting city, sun and ski destinations from £18.
Best Rates Guaranteed!
Travel News & Gossip
- Hampton by Hilton Hotel in Birmingham is now open!
- Earth Day Friendly Hotels
- Internet Offers Endless Possibilities
- Claim 4,000 Free Airmiles
- BA Red Carpet Route Announced
- Expansion ahead for Travelodge
- Get into bed with Virgin
- Best Service in the World Accolade for Llandudno Hotel
- What’s Hot For 2013
- Where in the world?
Top Secret Hotels Added
- Great hotel on Liverpool’s waterfront – 4* – Liverpool
- Great hotel and rates in the heart of Kensington – 4* – London
- Amazing City Hotel With Luxury Spa And Pool – 5* – London
- Superb Late Deals near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Moments from Chelsea in a funky hotel with fab Spa – 4* – London
- Smart Deal Deira – Dubai Apt & Metro Proximity – 4* – Deira and downtown
- 4 Star Deluxe Luxury and comfort in Central London – 4* – London
- Superb Late Deals Near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Fabulous Spa Hotel near Covent Garden and WestEnd – 5* – London
- Design hotel near ExCeL and London City Airport – 4* – London