Who’s Going Where this Summer?
Booking data from On the Beach, the UK’s leading online travel agent reveals the favourite holiday destinations for Brits across the country this summer, with the Spanish Islands proving the most popular this year.
As the pound reaches a four year high against the Euro, coupled with the fact that there are plenty of bargain holidays still available; regional airports are swarming with holidaymakers’ eager to jet off to hot spots around Europe.
Research from On the Beach shows that Bristolians’ and Brummies’ are heading to the Canary Islands this summer, accounting for 20% of bookings to the sun kissed islands. The Canaries are proving ever popular in 2012, with a significant increase in all-inclusive breaks to Tenerife and self-catering Fuerteventura trips.
Holidaymakers from Wales favour the stunning coastlines and much-loved beaches that a trip to Turkey has to offer this summer. It is no surprise that holidays to Bodrum and Dalaman have witnessed an increase in bookings this year, with a plethora of restaurants to suit all tastes, coupled with stretches of long golden beaches and turquoise blue sea.
Party people from the Midlands are enjoying a livelier summer, hitting the bars and clubs on trips to Ibiza, the clubbing capital of Europe. Booking data from On the Beach shows a massive 32% of its holidaymakers departing from East Midlands Airport are jetting off to enjoy a holiday in the Balearic Islands.
Those in the North West cities of Manchester and Liverpool are taking advantage of the cheap holidays in the Algarve this year, choosing the ever-popular resorts on the Portuguese coast.
Holidaymakers flying from London and the South East are choosing holidays in Greece and its breathtaking islands this summer. Businessmen and women earning the big bucks in the City, are splashing out on luxury all-inclusive retreats in Santorini, whereas up and coming interns are heading to the popular clubbing and beauty spot of Zante.
The research also shows that the popular Spanish Costas’ have won the hearts of the Scots this summer, with many booking cheap holidays to the Costa del Sol to enjoy some much-needed sun.
Alistair Daly, Marketing Director at On the Beach comments; “It’s interesting to witness the clear correlation between a city and its favoured holiday destination. With Britain experiencing another wash out summer, it’s no surprise to see people all over the country escaping the British weather and heading to sunnier climes.”
Best Rates Guaranteed!
Travel News & Gossip
- Hampton by Hilton Hotel in Birmingham is now open!
- Earth Day Friendly Hotels
- Internet Offers Endless Possibilities
- Claim 4,000 Free Airmiles
- BA Red Carpet Route Announced
- Expansion ahead for Travelodge
- Get into bed with Virgin
- Best Service in the World Accolade for Llandudno Hotel
- What’s Hot For 2013
- Where in the world?
Top Secret Hotels Added
- Great hotel on Liverpool’s waterfront – 4* – Liverpool
- Great hotel and rates in the heart of Kensington – 4* – London
- Amazing City Hotel With Luxury Spa And Pool – 5* – London
- Superb Late Deals near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Moments from Chelsea in a funky hotel with fab Spa – 4* – London
- Smart Deal Deira – Dubai Apt & Metro Proximity – 4* – Deira and downtown
- 4 Star Deluxe Luxury and comfort in Central London – 4* – London
- Superb Late Deals Near Hyde Park! – 4* – London
- Fabulous Spa Hotel near Covent Garden and WestEnd – 5* – London
- Design hotel near ExCeL and London City Airport – 4* – London